If you’ve been in business for a while, then the “Cloud” should be something you’re already familiar with. If you’ve been out of the loop or don’t understand it, then it’s essentially a type of technology that allows you to shift your workflow to the internet, meaning that less information is stored on your machines, opening up new ways to run your business.
But that’s one of the more straightforward uses of the cloud. Nowadays, the cloud can be used for a number of different things, such as offering software as a service that is accessed through the internet instead of having to download something. The cloud has also opened up new ways for companies to use remote workflows to their advantage.
So what about cloud PBX? What does a cloud-based phone system offer that doesn’t already exist in some form or another?
What is Cloud PBX?
Cloud PBX is essentially an online business phone system that can be used by any office, any workplace and any business.
It is often referred to as a VoIP phone system. Traditionally, PBX systems had to be run at the location they were being used.
This means that a lot of hardware had to be installed, a lot of space was taken up and money was burned on maintaining the system.
It would cost a business a lot of money to have one installed, and it was a major expense that not every business could sustain.
With the cloud, you can transform your existing PBX into an online-based system that can streamline every process and drastically reduce the operational costs. You’ll have access to all of the same system such as call recording, time of day routing and auto attendants. However, you’ll also open up access to new cloud-based features such as a simple-to-use dashboard which you can use to control incoming calls or analytical information to see how often your PBX is being used and where you can improve its efficiency.
How Will It Improve My Business?
- Drastically lowered operational costs. When compared with traditional PBX systems, a cloud PBX doesn’t require huge up-front capital nor does it demand a high maintenance fee.
- Greatly improved customer experience. A cloud PBX is less likely to suffer maintenance problems, meaning less downtime and more reliable service for your customers.
- Advanced features for demanding businesses and clients. A cloud PBX offers advanced features such as music on hold, voice messaging, remote call management and even integration with other systems like email and video.
- Easily scaled to your needs. You can easily grow your cloud PBX whenever there’s a demand and there is virtually no downtime.
- Exceptional voice quality. The internet has a much higher bandwidth capacity than a phone line, meaning you’ll have exceptional voice quality at all times.
- Guaranteed business continuity. Even if your business is interrupted somehow, a cloud-based PBX will allow you to continue your business operations.
- Simple mobile integration. The majority of internet users in the world use their phones for daily online tasks and a cloud-based PBX is no different. You can access your dashboard and even answer calls on the go without being tied to your workplace.
Switching to a cloud PBX system may seem daunting, but it can revolutionise the way you do business if used correctly.